Thursday 3 September 2015

Quick, Easy and Delicious

I work for a company who supply software to schools so September is a tiny little bit manic. My boss laughed at me today when I said I was trying to complete some kind of extra curricular activity and I might have come very close to shushing a customer.

This all means that today's theme is totally perfect, the faster and more easily I can feed myself the less likely I am to throw in the towel and live on crackers for thirty days. It's a legitimate concern, I have a small obsession with Jacobs cream crackers.

Itame seemed like the perfect solution, I was only recently introduced to wagamamas and this coconutty soup was so worth the splash zone. It's tasty and fresh and as I discovered when I got home to our sad little city, very simple to make.

It starts off with some garlic and ginger, grated will do fine, then a couple of generous spoonfuls of green thai curry paste, this sizzles in a little oil til fragrant and lovely.

Then I add a can of coconut milk and about a can and a half of stock, I'm very anti washing up, and simmer that while I chop the veg. I threw in strips of pepper and red onion and let them cook for a couple of minutes while I chopped up some pak choi and poured some boiling water over rice noodles.

Into the soup goes that pak choi and the noodles are drained and submerged in cold water, I add some lime juice and some coriander to the soup and then pour it over the noodles in a big bowl.

All that was left to do was to slurp my soup and splatter my self and surroundings with soup.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment