Saturday 5 September 2015

Mofo Day 5 Best Sandwich Ever

I went to Budapest last October to visit a friend who was teaching abroad and I discovered just how good pickled everything was, it was the first time I'd ever tried sauerkraut and it's the best way I've ever eaten cabbage.

Since then I have been thinking I should try a Reuben and a few weeks back we were in in Brighton and I picked up some smoked Violife so why would I not combine the two things.


I whipped up a little sriracha mayo and steamed myself some of the pastrami from vegan diner and I was ready to go.




Since everything is better when it's all hot and melty I went down the grilled cheese route. It was toasty, tangy and delicious. It was just a shame that I had to use white bread, rye bread goes moldy really quickly.

 

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried a reuben, but that looks really good! Can't beat a toasted sandwich.

    ReplyDelete