Tuesday 18 August 2015

A Little Bit of TLC

The Boy has this very expensive hobby that takes him all over the country and occasionally as far as mainland Europe. This weekend it took him to Brighton and I tagged along for the ride. I fully intended to take lots of lovely photographs of the food but I failed miserably and forgot to take any at all.

Suffice to say we had a lovely weekend, I ate a lot of very nice vegan food and we are a little bit worse for wear after a weekend in a tent.

Since we are a bit worn and the weather is cooling down it only seemed right to make a big pan of soup. Which is all well and good but this whole Boy business is still new enough that I'm trying my best to impress in the kitchen and a couple of slices of bread lacked imagination.

So I googled Soda Farls, they always look delish but they're traditionally made with buttermilk. This is an easy sub though, some soy milk and vingear and I had some "buttermilk" and then some soda farls shortly thereafter.

Here they are cooking up in a dry frying pan.



And fancying up my soup, with a little vitalite.




I think I impressed and I don't think I'll be buying bread rolls to eat with soup ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment